Are You an Addict?
Both families and addicts themselves waffle on when enough is enough and whether it is time for the person to get into treatment. On the part of the addict, this indecision is largely due to their having trouble with the fact they need treatment which stems from an overall lack of ability to face the problems in their life.
Here is an assessment for your loved ones or your own addiction to determine if it is time for treatment. The disclaimer is the assessment is not effective if you are not honest.
Answer yes or no to each and keep track of how many you answered yes to for the answer at the end.
- Do you hide your drug or alcohol use from your friends and family, or are they unaware of how much you use?
- Is your drug or alcohol use causing problems with your friends or family, such as fighting or separation?
- Are you in legal trouble because of drug or alcohol use?
- Are you missing school or work more frequently than you used to?
- Do you do dangerous things or take risks while under the influence, such as driving, unprotected sex, stealing money from loved ones or using dirty needles?
- Do you need more drugs or alcohol than before to experience the same effects you used to?
- Do you get nauseous, restless, depressed, sweaty, shaky, or have trouble sleeping if you go too long without drugs or alcohol?
- Do you say or think you are going to stop using drugs or alcohol, but then find reasons you can’t or shouldn’t?
- Do you sometimes use more drugs or alcohol than you intended, or are you surprised at how much you have used?
- Do you spend a lot of time thinking about drugs or alcohol, or figuring out how to get them?
If you answered yes to:
- 3 or more, you are beginning to lose control of your life due to drug or alcohol use.
- 5 or more, your addiction may be severe and getting stronger.
- 8 or more, addiction is ruling your life.
It doesn’t have to be this way. Narconon has helped thousands to rid their lives of drugs and alcohol. Contact Narconon and get help now.